Hello Charleston Greens!
Our October meeting is Wednesday, October 19, 7:00pm at Earth Fare on Folly Road Blvd (in the South Windermere shopping center). Look for us in the cafe. Please bring a friend and join us!
Please also make plans to attend these important events (Green Party events and events involving Greens are listed in green.
- Occupy Brittlebank Park, Wed, Oct 19 5:00pm – Sun Oct 23 3:00pm, Brittlebank Park, 180 Lockwood
Blvd. Occupy Charleston will be occupying Brittlebank Park for 99 hours in a show of solidarity with our sisters and brothers fighting the good fight up on Wall St, demanding accountability from corporate America for ruining our economy and demanding that they loose their iron hold on our politics. OBP will be erecting a tent city, cooking food, doing marches and holding meetings. They will have live music and open assemblies and speeches and whatever else they decide to plan!
- Is the Party Over? Thur, Oct 20 11:00am – 12:00pm, Brittlebank Park, 180 Lockwood Blvd. Local party leaders talk about their views regarding the continuing relevance or irrelevance of traditional political parties. Larry Carter Center will represent the Green Party. George Temple, Chairman of the Charleston County party, and Carol Temple will represent the Democrats. Republicans TBA. The Libertarians are also invited to participate.
- Lowcountry Progressive Network Meeting, Mon, Oct. 24, 7:00pm, ILA Hall, 1142 Morrison Dr. Come be updated on the photo ID law, elect regional Progressive Network coordinators, and make plans for the Oct. 29 state Network conference. Call 803-808-3384 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for information.
- 16th Annual SC Progressive Network Strategy Summit, Sat, Oct. 29, 10:00am – 5:00pm, Brookland Baptist Fellowship Hall, 1o66 Sunset Blvd, Columbia. Activists from across the state will gather in Columbia to shape organizing efforts for the coming year. This is an all-day event. Registration is $10 and includes lunch. Call 803-808-3384 or email email@example.com with agenda suggestions and to RSVP. Map: http://g.co/maps/baq76
- Adopt-a-Highway trash pickup, Sat, Nov 5, 10:30am, 5th Ave/St Andrews Blvd. Our last pickup of 2011 is Saturday, Nov 5. Meet in front of the historic Emanuel AME Church on the corner of 5th Ave and St Andrews Blvd in the Maryville section of West Ashley at 10:30am.
- South Carolina Green Party Steering Committee monthly meeting, Sat, Nov 12 noon – 4:00pm, Richland County Public Library, Columbia (downtown/Main branch). Monthly meetings are open to the public and everyone is welcome.
- Vigil to Close the School of Americas (aka School of Assassins), Fort Benning, Georgia, Nov 18-20
If you want to attend, contact firstname.lastname@example.org for carpooling info.